Best Super Bowl Appetizer Idea
We are not sure who you are cheering on this year, neither do we?
So we decide to cheer on all of you snack makers, DIY bakers, Chefs and FOODIE Fans.
This Popcorn recipe is lit!
Potato Chip Pretzel Caramel Corn
1 cup Brown sugar, light
4 oz Dark chocolate
1/4 tsp Salt
4 oz White chocolate
10 cups Popcorn, unsalted
2 cups Pretzels sticks
2 cups Ridged potato chips
1 stick Butter
- 1 stick butter, plus more to butter pan
- 10 cups unsalted popcorn, popped
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pretzels sticks
- 2 cups ridged potato chips, coarsely broken
- 4 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
Copyright Food Babbles - www.foodbabbles.com
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter a rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Place the popped popcorn into a very large bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar, salt and 4 tablespoons water. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Quickly, evenly drizzle the sugar syrup over the popcorn, tossing to coat evenly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 minutes until golden and shiny, being careful not to burn the caramel corn, stirring occasionally. In the meantime, line a second baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Removed from oven and transfer popcorn to parchment-lined baking sheet. Working quickly, sprinkle potato chips and pretzels over caramel corn and gently combine. Allow to cool for 15 minutes.
- Drizzle popcorn, potato chips and pretzels with melted white chocolate and melted dark chocolate. Allow the popcorn to cool completely and let the chocolate completely set then break into chunks.